Atlanta Office "Secret Santa" Gift Summary for 2001
Special note: The Atlanta Office held its Christmas party about
a week earlier. We had dinner at a restaurant, and then went
to a performance of "A Christmas Carol" at a local theater.
Lisa printed directions to the theater - which turned out
to be erroneous. That's why many of the notes have references
to Lisa and directions!
The Atlanta Office (from DC)
Theme: Atlanta Core Hours.
- Clock, with ISX Core Hours labeled
- Clock, with Atlanta Core Hour labeled
- Individual alarm clocks for each Atlanta employee, each with a sticker:
"ISX CORE HOURS 9-4"
Our Little Trayton
Theme: Trayton sure is young.
- Kid's Activities for travelling
- Book: "Dumpy and his Pals"
- Activity Pad with Crayons
- Kid's computer game: "Bob the Builder"
- Fake ID: "Colin MacLeod"
- Baby Stuff
- Mixed Vegetable Baby Food
Theme: Having some weaponry might improve Greg's day-to-day life at ISX.
- Toy Sword
- Toy Knife
- Fingerless Gloves
- Toy Numchucks
- Toy Shurikens
- Toy Bow & Arrows
The Wonder Twins (Anna and Jamie)
Theme: The Twins have run into some trouble with airport security.
- Box itself is a suitcase
- Book: "Business Travel"
- Bomb-like combination of items
- Travel Alarm Clock
- Aerosol spray with Biohazard warning label
- Another Bomb-like combination of items
- Two "Rat Carriers" (empty plastic bottles)
- Book: "The Koran"
- CD: "The Anarchist's Cookbook"
- Flour & Vanilla Extract
Theme: Some of Jennifer's decisions over the past year have been questionable...
- DVD player! But, the box didn't contain a DVD player. It contained:
- Children's travel book: "My World: A First Look at the World"
- Book of Kitten Stickers
- Game: "The Worst-Case Scenario"
- Bubble-shooting Gun
Theme: Sherry is stressed. Maybe she needs to try Islam - or ISXlam.
- Series of Notes
- Book: "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Understanding Islam"
- Book: "The Koran"
- "Prayer Rug", with images of ETC Spreadsheets
- Compass rose, with points N, S, Mecca, Camarillo
- ISX "Veil"
- Picture of "Mullah Fouse"
- Sign: "Welcome to ISXstan"
Theme: Doug bought our Foosball table used, sight unseen, from a private seller in the
middle of Alabama. Perhaps not the smartest shopping move...
- Road Atlas
- Disk, with sales pitch for the Brooklyn Bridge on it
- Modified image of an Ebay page, which purports to show that Doug paid multiple hundreds of dollars for an Xbox box - not the game, but the empty box it came it.
- Miniature Foosball table, packed in cotton
Theme: Angelo loves Bacon. He also sometimes goes by the nickname "The Chinaman".
- The Ultimate Chinese Box Lunch, consisting of:
- Soy Sauce
Theme: vanb is obsessed with collecting SkyMiles.
- Gift was wrapped in a Towel, so vanb can become the first "Airport Hobo"
- "Airport Bingo", a game consisting of:
- Three nicely laminated 5x5 game cards, each square filled with something you might see at an airport
- Three different colored pens
- "Airport Checklist" - list of all US airports
- Towers of Hanoi, consisting of:
- A 3-pronged fork
- several different sized rings of beads
Theme: Lisa's life has been stressful, with family emergencies.
- Book: "First Aid Handbook" (Picture of William Shatner on the front)
- Nice Bath Stuff
Theme: Jimmie has been travelling more lately.
- Book: "Take Control of People (in 3 weeks or less)", with highlighted quotes:
"This book will enable you to turn your life around completely. You'll
develop the ability to gain remarkable and spectacular achievements instead
of accepting average, even mediocre, results."
"1. You'll become a leader of people-not just a clever manipulator, but a
true leader. People will want to do virtually anything you ask them to do."
- Printout of DC's HOV rules
- Sign: "In an emergency, call [Doug's cell phone number]"
Theme: Mark's drive home from DC after 9/11 was quite an event.
- Bobbing-head dashboard dog
- Beef Jerky
- Car Air Freshener
- Beaded car seat cover
- Printed directions from DC to Atlanta .... Texas
The Atlanta Office (from Camarillo)
Theme: Atlanta sometimes has problems with their front door not being locked.
Camarillo's gift didn't arrive until after our Secret Santa party, so
Doug & Jimmie held a party of their own, with a few of their friends.
- Security Dog, who dances to "Who Let the Dogs Out"